Tuesday, July 8, 2008

NSJGA at Southern Hills Plantation Club

The World Woods Golf Club sponsored NSJGA held a one day tournament at the beautiful Southern Hills Plantation in brooksville, FL. It was a shotgun start to try to beat the afternoon thunderstorm, but it failed. We were stopped after 13 holes with lightning and severe rain. Although the rule book says nothing about rain, it allows us to stop with any fear of lightning. A warning horn blew as we could see the storm coming. My fellow competitors ran further down the course to mark their ball since we had just hit our drives on the par four, but I headed for cover at the clubhouse. It rained buckets and they canceled further play. At the time me and two others were three over par, but we had not played the same holes because of the shotgun. So they figured out what holes we all played and I had to count all three boggies and they didn't, so I got third place.

This was the first tournament of what Grandpa calls our "Hardware Tour." He wants to take me to some tournaments and he says when I win he'll carry out the hardware. So he got to carry away a small medal at this our first stop of four tournaments.

No comments: