Wednesday, July 9, 2008

HJGT TPC JUNIOR CLASSIC

THE Hurricane Tour came to my backyard in Tampa to play the Junior classic at the TPC Tampa Bay, home of the Senior PGA Tour's Outback Steakhouse Pro-am. The course was fairly short at 6300 yards but it had stormed the previous day, so it was wet. I opened on day 1 with 7 straight pars but faltered with bogeys on 8 and 10. But, on the par 5 12th I stuck a 215 yard 5-wood to 8 inches for an eagle and went on to an opening 74 and a 2 shot lead. Day two was still wet, and I opened the round with a tough bogey on two, but birdied 4. I then missed two 5 foot putts and hit two bad chips and as I headed to hole 10 my lead was evaporated to zero. But then on twelve, the par 5 I hit 236 yard 3-wood to 30 feet and made another eagle for the dagger to the heart. I parred in for a two-under par back nine and a 72, giving me a win at 4 over for the tourney.

No comments: